|Posted by Crystal on March 5, 2010 at 9:46 AM|
good morning, sunshine!
another beautiful day in the island city! time to think about ISLAND FEST!
The Island City
SECOND ANNUAL ARTS AND CRAFTS FAIR!
We are happy to announce the City of Plainwell's Second Annual Arts and Crafts Fair during the Island City Festival in the City of Plainwell. Here's some more information, and we hope you can join us as an exhibitor.
· Date: Saturday, July 24, 2010
· Time: 11 am to 7 pm with check-in and set-up at 9 am. Check in at the former Harding's Grocery, 135 Anderson. Go east on M-89 through the intersection of Main and M-89. Left on Anderson to building.
· Location: Depending on demand and interest, North and South Main will be closed for the event.
We are seeking exhibitors for the event. Spaces can be reserved for the following prices:
· $50 per space
· $40 per space for current vendors at The Calico Rabbit Craft Mall, Plainwell Arts Council members or
representatives of a nonprofit organization (501c3)
· Dimensions are approximately 12' x 12'
· We ARE NOT supplying tables, chairs, canopies or electricity for this event: that is your responsibility
· It will go rain or shine outdoors
· Parking will be a short distance off-site in the “Trestle Bridge” parking lot. Merchandise can be unloaded
from your vehicle first on Main Street but relocate your vehicle to the parking lot as soon as possible to allow room for the others to unload.
· Please fill out the mail back form and send in with the fee to the address below.
· Make checks payable to the Plainwell Downtown Development Authority. Proceeds will go towards
DDA programs and other special events.
· Deadline to register: June 18, 2010. A confirmation will be sent by email or phone by June 25, 2010.
To expand visibility, the show will combine efforts of The Calico Rabbit Craft Mall, the City of Plainwell, the Plainwell Arts Council and the Plainwell's Downtown Development Authority.
Downtown/Economic Development Manager
141 N. Main Street
Plainwell, MI 49080
(269) 685-6821 (phone)
(269) 685-7282 (fax)
If you want to participate in the City of Plainwell's Arts and Crafts Fair, please complete this form clearly and send it with your payment. We will try to avoid putting similar items together.
Please check the category that best describes the majority of the work you plan to display.
Painting Sculpture 2D Mixed Media (including collage)
Works on Paper Photography Digital Art
Basketry Decorative Fiber Metal
Leather Ceramics Wood
Furniture Jewelry Other
PLEASE submit a Photo of work. Entry Fee = $50* for a 12x12 space.
*If you are currently or choose to become a member of the Plainwell Arts Council at this time, you are currently a vendor at The Calico Rabbit Craft Mall, or represent a 501 © 3 Organization, the fee is $40.
PLEASE CONTACT THE PLAINWELL ARTS COUNCIL VIA THIS SITE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO JOIN & SAVE $10!
Mail to: Emilie Schada, City of Plainwell, 141 N. Main Street. Plainwell, MI. 49080.
Note: Each artist is responsible to creatively provide display area for his/her artwork including tables/chairs.
Eligibility: Local artists preferred but open to all. Only original work will be accepted. The organizers reserve the right to refuse any work that is inappropriate.
Entry Procedure: Mail photo and check to the above address. All entries must be postmarked by June 18, 2010. Entry fees of $50* or $40 per 12’ x 12’ space must accompany the completed form.
Accepted Entries: Each entry will be reviewed for completeness. You will be notified no later than June 25, 2010, by phone, mail or email that your entry has been accepted. Information will follow with directions to the fair and your vendor space number.
Liability: All items displayed and sold during the Plainwell Arts and Crafts Fair is the responsibility of the artist. By submitting an entry form, the artist waives any claim against the Plainwell DDA, Calico Rabbit Craft Mall or Plainwell Arts Council for loss or damage.
Date entry recorded by DDA:_______________s.